Important economic and political transformations around the world have reshaped the way foundations, corporations, and nonprofits carry out their work. International NGOs must continue to strengthen their capacity to deliver high-impact services and develop sustainable operations. Additionally, private foundations now supply many necessary international services, while corporations have realized the importance of participating responsibly as global citizens.
TCC Group's strategic planning, evaluation, program and grants management, and capacity-building services are tailored to the unique challenges and operating environments of our international clients. We have substantive expertise in the international arena creating and managing international initiatives, responding to disasters, working across borders, and negotiating complex program agreements. Our consultants have worked in the field and the headquarters of global organizations in Latin America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
What We Do
- We provide strategic planning services for private, voluntary organizations, NGOs, and funders to sharpen focus, improve results, and promote growth. Our consultants also support intermediary organizations, which nurture and strengthen NGOs in developing countries.
- We work with private foundations to design, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of international grantmaking initiatives.
- We develop plans for global corporations as they expand overseas programs to address critical business-related issues. We focus on creating effective partnerships across the business, public, and NGO sectors.
- The American Red Cross, International Division
- American University in Cairo
- Amparo Foundation
- Annenberg School of Communication
- The Atlantic Philanthropies
- Bat Conservation International
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation
- The Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
- The Ford Foundation
- IFAI (Federal Institute for Access to Public Information in Mexico)
- International Planned Parenthood
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- World Neighbors
Apne Aap, an Indian NGO, offers education, job skills, and legal protection to the women and children of India's red-light districts. In addition to providing direct services, Apne Aap also plays an advocacy and information dissemination role. TCC facilitated a strategic and business planning process to help Apne Aap better serve its communities and plan for organizational growth. As a part of this process, TCC performed a competitive market analysis, mapped the organization's operations, and made suggestions for standardizing practices and building capacity.
TCC Group provided an operational and structural review of the McKnight Foundation's Collaborative Crop Research Program (CCRP), which targets food security in developing countries across South America and Africa. TCC reviewed the operating and governance structure of CCRP and made recommendations for the most effective and efficient way to administer and manage the program.
Pro Mujer provides credit and other services to women in several Central and South American nations. The organization was asked to extend its current programs within its countries of operations, as well as expand its programs into new countries. However, its structure and management were not able to support this growth. TCC guided Pro Mujer through a one-year transition and implementation process and provided strategic planning services to Pro Mujer's international office.