Charles GasperSenior Evaluation Consultant
- Doctoral Student for Applied Psychology with Concentration in Evaluation and Applied Research Methods, Claremont Graduate University
- Certificate in Evaluation, Claremont Graduate University
- Master of Science (Research) in Psychology, Saint Louis University
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology, Santa Clara University
- Chair of the American Evaluation Association Program Theory and Theory Driven Evaluation Topic Interest Group – January, 2012 to Present
- Reviewer for the American Journal of Evaluation – January, 2012 to Present
- Co-chair of the American Evaluation Association Nonprofit and Foundations Topic Interest Group - January, 2010 to January, 2012
- Co-chair of St. Louis Gateway for Giving Evaluation and Strategic Planning Work Group – March, 2007 to December, 2009
- American Evaluation Association Annual Conference presenter, “Program theory as a framework for considering and evaluating collective impact.” (2014)
- Philanthropic Landscape 2014 panelist, “Diving into data: What, why and how to use it for success.” (2014)
- Hurly Symposium, National Press Club presenter, “Second screen innovation: Measuring impact of media through social media.” (2013)
- Public Media Development and Marketing Conference presenter, “Show me the impact.” (2013)
- American Evaluation Association Annual Conference presenter, “Program theory versus developmental evaluation: Sometimes oil and water do mix.” (2013)
- American Evaluation Association Annual Conference presenter, “Evaluation contracting and the RFP process: The perspective from the foundation and nonprofit world.” (2012)
- Council on Foundation Association Annual Conference co-presenter, “The intersection of strategy and evaluation: Creating new possibilities for social impact.” (2011)
- Better Business Charity Symposium presenter, “Evaluation and program theory.” (2011)
- Grantmakers in Health Art and Science of Grantmaking presenter “Strategic learning: Integrating information and assessing your foundation’s impact.” (2009)
- American Evaluation Association Annual Conference presenter, “Sustainability assessment and targeted technical assistance.” (2009)
- Arkansas Evaluation Association Summer Evaluation Workshop key note presenter “Foundation perspectives about the significance of program evaluation.” (2008)
Charles Gasper brings over 20 years of experience working with foundations and nonprofits to understand and improve their strategic use of evaluation. Charles is an expert in public media, health care, mental health, education, nonprofit capacity building, and funder collaboratives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, Charles serves clients and their stakeholders across the United States.
Prior to joining TCC Group, Charles was the Director of Evaluation of Nine Network of Public Media. In his capacity as Director, Charles was responsible for evaluating the impact of the Nine Network and its partners in the communities they serve. His major initiatives included developing Public Media’s framework for impact; leading the evaluation efforts of 34 stations and their local partners to positively impact the issues that affect youth; conducting the evaluation of 12 community town halls focused on education issues in 12 different communities across the country; and leading an evaluation collaborative with St. Louis Public Radio to improve viewer and listener knowledge of ballot initiatives for the 2012 Presidential election.
Charles also served as the Director of Evaluation for the Missouri Foundation for Health, the third largest health conversion foundation in the United States. Charles oversaw approximately $3 million in evaluation contracts and served as the internal evaluator for the Foundation’s programming. He also managed the foundation’s staff and consultants to evaluate the process, effectiveness and impact of about $60 million in annual program spending.
Charles also chairs the Program Theory and Theory-Driven Evaluation Topic Interest Group for the American Evaluation Association. He has a Certificate in Evaluation from the Claremont Graduate University, a Masters of Science (Research) degree in Social Psychology from St. Louis University and is currently pursuing his doctorate in Evaluation and Applied Research Methods from Claremont Graduate University.
< back to staff