Thomas KnowltonPartner and Director of Corporate Services
Education: BA: Trinity College, MPA: Harvard University, Kennedy School, in Public
Service Expertise: strategic planning, program design, and development
- "Mobilizing Resources: A Unified Business Approach to Corporate Community Involvement
- "Rediscovering a Strategic Resource: Your Employees"
- "How Corporate Community Involvement Programs can use Evaluation as a Tool to Maximize Business and Social Impact"
Presentations & Speeches:
- "Value Added Grantmaking: Increasing the Impact with Limited Funds", Conference Board/Public Affairs CCI Conference
- "Maximizing Corporate Community Involvement" Workshop, developed in partnership with the Forum of Regional Association of Grantmakers. Topics include: Building the Business Case, ROI of Measurement, Developing Program Strategy, Employee Involvement, and Communications and Stakeholder Engagement. Presented through Regional Grantmaking Associations in Atlanta, Memphis, Seattle, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, San Diego, Orlando and Los Angeles
- "Corporate Social Responsibility — "The New Normal", Better Business Bureau
- "Corporate Social Responsibility and the Role of Philanthropy", Washington Grantmakers
- "Aligning Environmental Grantmaking to CSR and Corporate Strategy, Association of Corporate Contributions Professionals
- "Future Trends and Critical Issues in Corporate Philanthropy," South Florida Donors Forum
- "Serving Two Masters: How Program Evaluation Can Enhance both the 'Corporate' and 'Community' Aspects of Your Program," Delaware Valley Grantmakers
- "Building and Sustaining Effective Corporate-Community Partnerships," Northern California Grantmakers Corporate Philanthropy Institute
- Engaging Employees at All Levels: How to Maximize Employee Interest & Time for Greater Community Impact, Philanthropy New York
- "Assessing Nonprofits: How Corporate Funders Can Find and Support Nonprofits that 'Fit,'" The Contributions Advisory Group
- "Tracking and Evaluating Corporate Volunteerism," Corporate Volunteers of New York
Thomas Knowlton, Partner and Director of the Corporate Practice, has worked in the field of Corporate Citizenship since the early '90s, and has extensive experience in assisting companies with the strategic development, implementation and evaluation of Corporate Citizenship and Community Involvement programs.
Since joining TCC Group, Knowlton has worked with corporate clients such as Wells Fargo, Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, JM Family Enterprises, Monsanto, International Paper, Tufts Health Plan Foundation, Hess, Nestle Waters North America, Coca-Cola, and numerous other companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Knowlton spent six years at The Council on Economic Priorities, most recently as the Executive Director. The Council's work focused on tracking, evaluating and reporting on the corporate social responsibility records of Fortune 500 companies, as well as the creation of an affiliate, Social Accountability International, which created SA8000, an international labor standard now being endorsed by companies such as Avon and Toys R Us.
Knowlton received his Master's Degree in Public Administration from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and Bachelor of Arts Degree from Trinity College.
< back to staff